How do I title and register a car built using a Real Deal Steel body?


 If you do not have a new or original chassis with a title or MSO, you will need to register the car built with a Real Deal Steel body as a “Newly Assembled” vehicle with your state. While we do not issue an MSO, you will be issued a Bill Of Sale (your purchase invoice) by the dealer you purchased your body from. This invoice will be considered as an MSO by your state DMV (check your local laws and regulations). In most cases, the body number issued by Real Deal Steel for your body will be used as or incorporated into the vehicle identification number (VIN) assigned by your state DMV when you register the car. You can find state specific information by visiting the SEMA Action Network’s page, (opens a new window).