1955-59 Chevy & GMC Truck Recessed Smoothie Steel Firewall For LS/LT Engines
- Custom 16-Gauge New Steel Firewall From Real Deal Steel
- Center 2" Recess Gives Perfect Fit For LS & LT Engine Installations
- Eliminates The Unsightly And Complex Original Firewall For A Much Cleaner Look
- Welds In At Factory Firewall-To-Cowl Seam
- Extra Clearance On Driver's Side Of Recess For Accelerator Pedal Placement
- For Use With Stock Floor Or Real Deal Steel's Extra Legroom Floor Kit RFK-5559
- Rounded Recess Corners That Look Far Better In A Classic That Square Corner Firewalls On The Market
- Allows Use Of Vintage Air Gen IV AC Systems - But You Will Need To Fabricate Installation Brackets
- Allows Use Of Raingear Wiper Systems
- Requires Cutting, Welding And Fabrication Skills To Install
Remove the factory firewall at the firewall to cowl top/side pinchweld flange. If installing our EFK-5559 Extended Floor Kit, remove all the way to toe board to floor crease. If maintaining the stock toe board, only cut to top of toe board to firewall face crease.
The new firewall slips just behind the inner edges of the cowl sides and top. Trim as needed for precise fit. This way, the new firewall can be welded to the cowl from inside the cab. Be sure and mark the location of hood hinge holes from the old firewall and transfer to the new firewall. Either use nut inserts or welded nuts from behind to secure new hood hinge mounts.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 23.0 lbs.
- W5.0000” x H22.0000” x L61.0000”
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
May We Suggest
- The Real Deal Steel Difference
- We're the ExpertsAsk us anything. We know our Chevys!
- Largest SelectionIf you don't find the part, we'll help you find it!
- No Hassle ReturnsEasy returns or refunds